Sunday, May 3, 2015

Seven days to start...

Starting to feel pre-trip jitters more strongly. Maybe it was just the four cups of coffee at iHop this morning. Yet another speed bump at Pharmacy. When I picked up scripts  I found they only filled order for a 30 day supply. Yes I need 60. They said they'd call to get an Insurance override so that meant another trip later in the day.

Got another "Tips" email from the tour operator recommending "cleat guards" for bike shoes for walking around while taking our lunch stops. Went to local bike shop on way home from 1st trip to drug store. My clerk there thought they had some for my cleat style (Speed Play) but couldn't find them while rummaging through several under counter drawers. He asked me to let him keep looking and he'd give me a call. Went home with two strikes and low expectations.

Decided to continue making packing piles. Organized bike vs street clothes, on-bike vs off-bike tools. Lots of trips up and down stairs, out to garage and back so it was all good anxiety displacement exercise. Tried on the arm warmers I bought in the winter only to find they fit really "snug" (cut-off-circulation-in-arms snug).

Figured it was a good time for another drive to drug store to see if pills were ready. Success there. Jazzed, I decided to hit up the bike shop on way home and Bingo - they found the cleat guards and had large size arm warmers. All just minor speed bumps.

Ended the day with having packed most of gear but figure I need to re-evaluate my in-bag organization in morning to see if it makes sense after a good night's sleep.

Getting Will notarized tomorrow, haircut, then maybe a Spin class to round out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment