Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Riding on the Interstate

Starting to figure out my post ride routine. Sign in, pick up room key, have snack, down a high carb drink, (once an hour for three hours), shower, call home, do washing, clean / lube bike, recharge phone, iPad, bike computer, go to group, meeting, dinner, set out gear for next day, pack bags, load hydration pack and put in fridge for next day, pack snacks, write blog, then go to sleep. Up at 5:00, breakfast @ 5:45 bring bike to lobby, load bags onto truck, pump tires, hit the road by 7:00, pedal for 8 hours +/-, repeat.

Today was my toughest ride. 97 miles. We did close to 80 miles on the interstate starting with a 12 mile climb. Last 10 miles were rumbling over what can only be described as "heat heaves" small perpendicular ridges spaced 3 - 5 feet apart in the breakdown lane. I'm getting callouses in my saddle area.  I promised myself I will never do that stretch of road on my bike ever again.

We're going to Wickinsberg, Arizona tomorrow after doing 116 miles. It will be our first state line crossing. Will sprinkle some sand from the Pacific beach at this and each subsequent state line.

No comments:

Post a Comment