Friday, May 8, 2015

Heading into LA


Arrived in LA Wednesday night. Still fascinated by the city's sprawl. Weather here has been unusually cold, wet, and windy the past two days. School was actually cancelled due to snow in one of the hill communities. 

Yesterday, rather than hang around the hotel waiting for my bike to arrive, I took to the streets to find some eats and took in a movie. Don't know about you but it was my first experience with assigned seating at a matinee show. I guess for $15 bucks they need to put on an air of exclusivity to make your seat seem well worth it. That combined with an usher that actually announced the film and recommending we stay for a special feature after the show made for an interesting experience.

I did chuckle to see the late arrivals struggle to find their seats in the dim theater. The resourceful ones used the flashlight feature on their phone to find their seats. The special feature was actually a promo filmed at the theater by all the stars in the film we just watched. Well, I guess they had all been  in town anyway at the premiere a few weeks back so why not shill for the theater chain while they were at it...

Last night on my way back to the hotel and again at breakfast today started meeting other riders and some of the support team. Two from England, guys from VA, CT, and gals from SC.  A bunch more I need to make acquaintances with.  Some excited, albeit nervous laughter as we realize our big adventure is actually starting...

No comments:

Post a Comment