Saturday, May 23, 2015

Rubbed out in Santa Fe

Heck of a day in old town Santa Fe. Sure most of it caters to the high end tourist trade but I found my way to a great bike shop - Mellow Velo. Stocked up on Chamois Butter, got some long finger gloves for cold days, and some recovery drink.

Since there's a first time for everything, I took the plunge and booked an hour massage at the Hotel Santa Fe - my first ever professional massage. What an indulgence. As expected, it catered to the well heeled crowd. The smell of Sage and Lavender permeated the establishment. Subtle water trickling emanated from a wall full of crystals accompanied by the requisite "New Age" music.

After being ushered into changing room and shown to a natural wood locker, I changed into the sumptuous cotton robe and slippers, locked up my clothes and proceeded to the pillow-cushioned waiting area. I drank the citrus infused water and wondered what I was doing there.

My masseuse collected me and showed me to my room. After positioning myself onto the table and returning to the room, she rubbed warmed oils into my knotted neck and back muscles and let me prattle on about the trip.  Again, small world to find she was from Williamstown, MA.

Before I knew it, she was using hot towels to wipe the oils from my feet and I was shown back to the changing area where I showered using the most complicated plumbing I had ever seen. Yeah. It was awesome. Met some fellow riders and caught a ride back to the hotel where we are now gathering to go to a nice Italian Restaurant.

I've a lot to do so you'll here next from me after we've passed the first 1,000 mile mark on our way to Las Vegas New Mexico tomorrow morning.  Thanks for all your comments and emails.


No comments:

Post a Comment