Thursday, June 11, 2015

Indiana. Like Illinois. Corn Hot Humid.

Today was decorate your helmet day.  We started the day with usual breakfast then as we got ready to set out, the big reveal of the helmets unfolded. A lot of laughs. Some very clever renditions, many colorful creations, and some open to interpretation. But a good time before we headed out on what was to be a quite hot and humid 80 mile ride.

Although the the scenery was more of the same from previous days, keeping hydrated and cool meant we took many stops for V8, chocolate milk, Ice Cream, and a visit to Subway to soak up some AC and sandwiches.  95 degrees is manageable if you do it smart.

Crossed into Indiana and our final time zone change to Eastern Time. It's been a little awkward for me trying to figure out TV schedules or what day of the week it is. Now that I'm on my Home Time Zone, it should be easier to feel connected to the world. But that's just me.

Really looking forward to getting to NY state and traveling through New England. It should be beautiful. Not just because it will feel like home (and it will), but I'm looking forward to tree lined roads and more challenging rides. I can't believe I'm thinking that.
How many states? Eight state line crossings. Nine states including California. 
Don't see planes parked on front lawns in my home town. But this is Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment