Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Countdown begins....11 days to start date

Seriously busy on many fronts. I'm stringing a series of rides together this week.  45 miles yesterday, 100 +/- today, and another 65 tomorrow to gauge recovery time and how well I'm eating/drinking  during and after riding. Other than the gusty winds, riding weather had been pretty good. New cycling vest made world of difference in keeping core warm.

Had visit with my cycle coach yesterday. Picked up some spare wheel spokes, a cycling cap w/visor to use under my helmet, bottle of electrolyte tablets, and some final tips and encouragement. The biggest challenge will be the first 4 or 5 days to see how I settle into daily routine. Again, refueling and rehydrating will be keys to success.

I had my bike shipped to LA last Friday after adding new tires and a rearview mirror. I just checked and looks like it's in Bloomington, CA.  FedX should deliver it to the designated Bike Shop today.

Can't spend all day writing as I've got to hit the road. More frequent updates to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment